Tuesday, March 22, 2011

My Unsung Life

I called out to you, as I had done many times before
And as I would do forevermore:
...................................................................................................................................................
Mirror Mirror on the wall,
Shall I live until the fall?
Shall I die before I wake?
Or shall I be spared, for your sake?

Mirror Mirror on the bed,
What’s that pounding in my head?
Is it true that you wish me dead?
Or is that, too, just in my head?

Mirror Mirror on the floor,
Whose that knocking at my door?
Is it the angel of death?
Coming to steal my last breath?

Mirror mirror on the wall,
It is not my time at all!
Why must you be so impatient!
There MUST be just a little more time I could buy or rent!

Mirror mirror on the bed,
All has not been done and said! 
My hunger for life is not yet fed!
And yet you do not care, I dread!

Mirror mirror on the floor
Is that YOU knocking at my door!
Is that YOU squeezing the life out of me?
...................................................................................................................................................
And then for once, you answered to me:

“Yes, tis me who wishes you dead.
Tis me who feels your heart with dread.
Tis me who cannot wait any longer,
For you will not get any stronger!
If sixty years is enough time for me,
Then sixty years is enough for thee.

But do not think that I have dealt thou
A terrible, terrible foul.
For, this is the way of life and death.
I do not wish to take thy's last breath.

But what must be, must be.
This is much bigger than just you and me”
...................................................................................................................................................
And I answered back:
“Mirror, oh mirror, must you state the obvious fact.
I know this is the way of life and death,
But its far too soon to go beneath!

Sixty years is no time, really.
For a human life, its kind of silly.

I am in good health
And I live in stealth.

I am peaceful. 
And to any argument, I am mutual

I've never let a false word roll off my tongue,
And this is why my song has not yet been sung!

I’m requesting more time on this earth
For my entire life has been full of nothing but dearth!

I have too many ends that need to be tied,
And too many things that would never get done if I died!
...................................................................................................................................................
And then you lost your patience yet again:
“ Look here you. Do not dwell on what hasn’t been,
And will never be
For it is thee
Who lived in such a way
That thee would rue to this day.

It was not I who chose the life you lived.
And about that, I am absolutely positive.

I will assume that thou knew the life span of a mortal
And to that, I honestly must chortle.
For, the amount of ignorance you express
Would be enough to make anyone digress.

However, I am not as easily swayed.
Therefore, your death will not be delayed.”
...................................................................................................................................................
And then my lungs stopped inhaling oxygen
And my heart started beating way faster than it should’ve been

And then I fell to the floor
And listened closely to the knocking at the door

Knock. Knock. Knock. Knock. Knock……………………….

And then my I inhaled my last few breaths.
And my body dwindled slowly towards death.

Knock. Knock. Knock. Knock…………………….

Knock. Knock. Knock……………….

Knock. Knock…………

Knock…….

SILENCE

No comments:

Post a Comment